Digital marketing refers to advertising your products or services on the internet. There are many ways in which advertisements can be done on the internet and some are content marketing, email marketing, and search engine optimization. There are so many benefits of digital marketing since the whole world revolves around technology. Having your business on the internet will do well for your business.
- . Increases brand awareness-People spend a lot of time online these days. The more people see your brand on the internet the more reliable and trustworthy your brand appears. People tend to trust services that can be found on the internet and will most likely do business with them than those that aren’t on the internet. Having your brand on the internet makes it easy to know what your brand is all about, location, contact details as well as what people are saying about your brand. The more people search for your website on search engines the more visible your brand becomes on the internet which will lead to more traffic to your website.
2 Reach more people for less-You can reach a wide range of people with digital marketing for less. Gone are the days where we had to spend lots of money on marketing, with digital marketing you can specifically plan your budget as well how long you want your campaign to run. Digital marketing enables you to select your target audience and enables you to see how your marketing campaign is progressing by seeing how many people saw your campaigns and the actions they took. This will help you know what people like and will help you when you make another campaign.
3 Helps you to interact with your customers-Being on the internet will give you the chance to talk to your customers and have a relationship with them. It’ll also help you to answer questions they might have about your product or service. Customers feel special when brands take time to reply to their messages and answer their problems. Customers can also leave a suggestion about your product or service and this will make them feel like they are part of the company. The common places where people interact are on social media pages.
4. Higher conversion rate-With digital marketing you can monitor your conversion rate. Conversion rate refers to the percentage of visitors on your website that complete the desired goal out of the number of visitors that visited your website. You can track how many visitors took action on your websites such as filling a form or made a call and went ahead to purchase a product or service.
TYPES OF DIGITAL MARKETING
- Social Media Marketing-This refers to using social media apps to market your products or services. Social media marketing is an effective way of telling people about your product or service. Many brands including your competitors are on social media and if you are not on them you are missing out on a lot of potential clients. Social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn are a good way to talk to your audience and directly and get feedback. Social media aim to increase brand awareness by sharing content concerning your brand that will lead to engagement with your audience.
- Mobile Phone Marketing-this type of marketing is done on the mobile phone. Mobile phone marketing is essential these days since people tend to use their mobile phones to search for information. Mobile phones are slowly replacing desktop computers since almost everything that can be done on a desktop computer can be done on a mobile phone from visiting websites, reading and sending emails. Having a mobile-friendly website, sending SMS messages and having mobile-friendly email advertising are the ways of mobile marketing.
- Search Engine Optimization-Search engine optimization or SEO refers to making your website or web page more visible on the search engine results page organically. This is done to increase traffic to the website and eventually increase sales. Search engine optimization doesn’t include paid advertisements. Unlike paid Ads, SEO requires consistency, good content, hard work, and patience. Search engine optimization involves building back links, using keywords and finding broken links.
- Content Marketing-this involves using content that leads to engagement with the audience and eventually to sales. Like they say “Content is King”. The type of content you use plays a big part in the success of your business. Contents don’t have to be only on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, they can also be on your website, blogs. When creating content always have your audience in mind. Study your audience and know the type of content they like to increase the chances of them engaging.
- . Email Marketing-this is when companies or organizations send emails to a group of people about their services or products. This helps your subscribers to stay up to date with your services especially when you have offers, discounts or giveaways. The best way for email marketing to be successful is for people to subscribe themselves because these are people who are truly interested in what you have to offer.
- . Influencer Marketing-this is a new way of marketing. Companies use famous people or people who have a large audience online to advertise their products or services. Influencer marketing is very common on Instagram and Snapchat. The influencer will normally post about a company and what they offer and how to contact them. This will automatically lead to awareness of the company and lead to an increase in sales.
- 7.Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC)-is a method of marketing in which advertisers pay a certain amount when their ads are clicked. This is done to increase traffic to a website rather than doing it organically. It is a fast way of getting people to come to visit your website. Advertisers pay for their ads to be at the top of the search engine results page. When planning to use PPC marketing for your business, you have to know the keywords that you are going to use to get the desired traffic. Using the wrong keywords will do a lot of damage to your business and you will also waste your money. Did you know that when you make useful campaigns, google charges you less?
- 8. Affiliate Marketing-this is when an individual promotes a product or service of a particular company and gets a commission after a sale is made. Affiliate marketing helps to increase the awareness of your brand and reach more potential customers plus it’s cheaper since you only pay commission. Also, it is easy to monitor and track how well your product or service is doing based on the sales your affiliate is making.
HOW TO START DIGITAL MARKETING
Everyone started somewhere at some point and didn’t know what they were doing at a particular point in time. Here are some steps to guide you in case you want to pursue a career in digital marketing but don’t know-how.
a) Have a tutor-We all need someone to guide us and show us the way. Having a tutor to teach and help you will give you a better understanding of digital marketing. A tutor will show you the basics and the mistakes to avoid since they have already made.
b) Study online courses-There are so many online courses on digital marketing. Taking them will help you to widen your knowledge about digital marketing. Not all courses require you to pay, there are some free online courses as well that teach you all you need to know about digital marketing.
c) Update yourself-Always try to stay up to date with new trends of digital marketing. Things are always changing when it comes to digital marketing that’s why it’s always important to read and know what’s happening. The more you know the better for you!
d) Understand social media-Social media is an important aspect of digital marketing. It’s used by millions of people worldwide including big companies and organizations. Social media is not about just posting pictures, it’s about how you represent yourself and interact with your audience. Your social media profile says a lot about you or your company.
e) Join a marketing group-Try and associate yourself with people are in the digital marketing field by joining groups. This will help you to meet professionals and experts and increase your network in the digital world.
DIGITAL MARKETING SERVICES
These are services in which products or services are marketed or advertised online. These online marketing services can be done by either an individual or a company. There are many digital marketing agencies nowadays. Digital marketing services are more measurable than traditional marketing services and it is easier to monitor progress, feedback be it positive or negative since you actually interact with the client/customers.